We did the cement while working on the painting. This was a huge project and a great big pain! We had so much help on this. Matt Brickey, his son, and Todd Crook came and did our slab in the garage. I have a third card that I can not locate that has pictures of all of their help. I will post them when I find it. These pictures are of us pouring the driveway. We were so desprate for help. We waited a little to long in the season. It was starting to rain a lot and concrete washes away in the rain. Again, Matt was going to help but because we had to cancel it because of rain the week before he could not help this particular weekend. He had a couple of friends that were willing to come and help. Chad came and brought his big (for lack of a better word) leavling machine. I was so excited this day because the morning that we were going to pour Uncle Ron called and said that he could come and help and would bring his three boys. I was so touched. It meant so much to me. He came and brought with him three concrete blankets. (I still have them if you are wondering Uncle Ron) We prayed so hard that the rain would hold till we could get it poured. Right as we finished up the rain poured and poured hard. We covered it up and waited ahile for it to stop. After awhile we peeled the blankets back and started to finish it. It started to rain and we covered it again. After a couple of times of this we were able to finish it and cover it before the rain hit again. It was amazing and a HUGE blessing that we were able to pour it that weekend and that the rain held till we were done. Prayer works. The Lord is aware of what is going on. We still had one more cement day. Todd came and helped us pour our steps and side walks and landing. He said that having cement tools is a curse cause then you have to use them. I really would agree. But Thank you all so much. I know you spent time and money on our behalf! THANK YOU!!
Wednesday, March 19, 2008
House building
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment