Monday, March 9, 2009

A TALE OF KALE

So this little guy keeps us on our toes. We have to keep out eye on him at all times. The following is the reason why:

For his birthday he wanted a BB gun. We decided he was a little to you and a little to "excitable" to let him take up possesion of one. We did however comprimise on a air soft gun. Well from the get go the gun has never really worked that well. But on Friday he was target shooting when it miss fired. The pellet did not come out. So he decided to "see" why. He turned the gun around peered down the barrel of the gun and pulled the trigger. Well, it worked this time and shoot him right in the eye. After I made sure the eye was still there I got a wet rag and had him lay down. A few minutes later, still in a great deal of pain, he asked me, "So how much are glasses going to cost us."

So I learned a few things:

First- Trust your instinct. It may have saved his eye.

Second- The right to bear arms in an important part of our country but maybe it was not meant for a seven year old. (Loren, this is for you. LOL)

Third- Keeping my eye on him was not enough. I might need an all out guard.

Fourth- Common sense has no place in his brain!

He is okay. The red in gone and he is back to normale...Love ya Kale. Glad you are okay.



9 comments:

Marilee said...

Oh my GOSH!!! I'm glad he is alright! Sheesh!

Drizzle said...

Wow! He is very, very lucky! My friend's brother was shot in the eye with an airsoft gun from across the room, and he almost lost his eye. It actually penetrated his eye. He had to have surgery on it. You guys must be living right!

Drizzle said...

Wow! He is very, very lucky! My friend's brother was shot in the eye with an airsoft gun from across the room, and he almost lost his eye. It actually penetrated his eye. He had to have surgery on it. You guys must be living right!

Michele said...

oops! That's scary! I'm gald he's OK. To bad we can't go back in time!

Wendy Evans said...

I am glad he is ok. Boys!! What they DON'T think of...LOL! I hope and pray my kids don't figure out that they want a bb or pellet gun anytime soon. They are happy as can be with the ones that just make noise and I still don't like those. I want to take you up on your offer so lets plan it! Have a great day.

Anonymous said...

Hey Marla, i am just glad he didn't shoot someone in the butt while he was mowing the lawn!!!!( i just had to add that - i hope it made you smile ) You know bb gun accidents run in the family!!!

Jackson 8 said...

You better start writing all of these experiences down so you can write a book someday. Glad he is OK. Does he understand now why you didn't want him to have a BB gun?

AUTUMN said...

What?! little kale is such an adventure! I Love you Buddy! glad you are ok!

The Crook Book said...

What a funny kid! What a relief he is ok. I hope you survive the teenage driving years! LOL