Well, the call finally came. Garry's parents have been planning on going on a mission for sometime now. They submitted their paperwork a few weeks ago and have been anxiously awaiting their call. Because of general conference and paperwork it took a little while to get. It came yesterday!!! They called us to let us know they were going to be opening it at 6:45 that night. I had bunco at my house and knew that I could not swing both. I was able to cancel bunco for another week! (Thanks girls for being understanding)
We all made made guesses as to where they would go. My guess was NY. My kids guessed California, Nevada, and Michigan. Needless to say, we were all wrong.
They are going to Ulbantar (Okay spelling is debatable) Mongolia!! WOW. I did not believe them at first! They will be serving in the CES program. They are not sure what they will be doing exactly but guessing teaching English. The mission is for 18 months.
I am so excited for them but tear up each time I think about it. Being that I grew up in a family of all girls I have never experienced someone leaving on a mission. (My grandparents went to Nauvoo when Caden was a baby. We were able to visit them twice) I think about how fast my kids will grow and what will happen while they are gone. I know that they will be able to touch the lives of so many. I think of the expieriences they will have and the personal growth they will experience and know they are doing the right thing.
Congratulations Mom and Dad. We love you!
Friday, April 24, 2009
Mission Call
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




8 comments:
WOW!!! That is so neat!!
You will be so blessed when they are away. I know from when my Parents went you are blessed. Blog more I miss you.
Wow!, Wow!, Wow!, They will learn so much, and what an awesome experince for them.
Holy cow! That is neat scary but neat.
Marla, that is sooo cool! They must be so excited. I trained the first Mongolian sister missionary on my mission. I need to talk with you! Will call you! (may be from the hospital :)
Awesome! That is so exciting. That will be hard to have them leave but it will also be such a blessing for your kids to be part of that example and experince through letter and etc.
I haven't blogged or been on blog in ages. I can't believe how georgous your kids picts. are. WOW WOW WOW I love those dressed. You knew I would there is nothing better than black, white, and RED! Where did you get them how can I get one????
THAT IS AWESOME FOR THEM.I HOPE YOU GUYS ARE DOING GOOD WE NEED TO GO OUT SOON.
LOVE YA
I am so excited for them. What an amazing call. I love ya!
Post a Comment