Wednesday, May 27, 2009

A day to remember!

So yesterday was one of those days that don't come around too often and I am certainly thankful for that.

It started with a dear friend being REALLY sick. Her doctor lives here by me but she lives 45 minutes away. She could not drive because she was so sick. So I INSISTED that I take her. She really did not want to go but she needed to desperately! I was trying to arrange that around my work when my neighbor brought over our baby kitten that had been hit by a car and not dead. I was still working and could do absolutely nothing. After work, I went and picked my friend and took her to the doctor. After the doctor I took her home. (It was a very good thing she went) It was like a 5 hour trip) On my way back home I got a call from my kids that told me Kale had poured hot water on his hand and foot. I could not believe it. I finally got home around 5:00 and still had visiting teaching, going to the store and a birthday party. As I was getting ready to go visiting teaching I hear sirens. I look out the window and see a fire truck and an ambulance coming up my hill. I was sure one of my kids was dead. I started to cry before they even got here. It was just one of those days!! BUT they were not for me. Visiting teaching was great and the party was fun. I crawled into bed around 10:30 when Hailee asked me what we were doing for her class party tomorrow. WHAT!!! Apparently, Hailee forgot to tell me that I was in charge of a party for her entire class of 35 kids. I could not deal with it. I sent her to bed and started at the clock till it hit 12:00 so I could be assured a new day would come!

Oh by the way, this is after 3 hours of sleep the night before.

6 comments:

Christie Gardiner said...

Sounds bad! I hope today is better!

Adrienne said...

Hey girl! Sounds like a waking nightmare! I do hope today is better and that the kitty survived.

Loren and Tama said...

oh Marla, I am so sorry you had such an awful day! I hope Kale is okay. By the way...you guys have had more cats than anyone I know :) But then, ONE cat is far too many for me. I hope today was better.

{Mo} said...

Ahhh, man! You deserve a day OFF! Shopping, pedicure, hot bath, the works! Was today better?

Tracy said...

Holy. crap. One question remains...did you get a NAP today??? (after the "spontaneous" class party that is?)

Wendy Evans said...

So sorry you had such the day! When it rains it pours...hang in there I hope it got better! You are amazing!