
We got these two kittens about a month ago when we went to Wal-mart. As we were walking out they were giving them away. My kids wanted on so bad. Being that we live up in the mountains and don't have a lot of neighbors I figured it would be okay. (EVEN though I swear I would never get cats again. We started out with one but decided that the boys could share one and the girls could share one. When I went back into the store I started to think more clearly and wanted to put one back. Garry told me, "Good luck trying to get it away from the kids." Needless to say we took two home. They have been their favorite toy. They play with them for hours. 
Yesterday, we moved them out back. (They have being staying in the garage) This morning I was getting ready to take the kids to school I opened the garage and noticed that one of them ran in. I was worried about running over it so I asked Hailee to watch for it. As I back out slowly I felt a little bump. Hailee said, "Mom you ran over they kitty" I felt so bad. My kids were so attached to them. Luckily there was no blood and he died quickly. My stomach just hurts thinking about it. 
These pictures were taking a couple of days after we got them. The white one with the boys is the one that is no longer here.
It was a good opportunity for me to teach the kids how to rely on the Lord for comfort. We said a prayer together and cried a bit together.
I am sooooooo sorry!!!
Friday, May 23, 2008
I feel SOOO bad!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




5 comments:
Sorry about the kitty. My kid would be having a hard time. They both love dot(our cat). Plus I don't know if I could handle taking care of the mess. Hopefully the other one will stay out of the way.
P.S. I love you pictures of the kids and the kitty's!!!!!
ohhhhh, I'm so sorry! Darn it! See? You do such a good job at taking on the teaching moments--that's one of the things I admire about you! Love ya!
Oh so sorry that sucks! We have had a hard time with pets and animal deaths this past little while to. Hope that out luck doesn't rub off on you. And like an idiot I let Samantha get a new puppy yesterday. OH no here we go again. I will post pictures of it soon. Hope that the other ones stays clear of your van. ;)
Missed ya Thursday but admit we didn't scrap we just put together a frame for her mom and that was it. But I still would have liked to have hung out. :(
That's so sad. The pictures of your kids with the kittens are so neat, though!
Post a Comment