Thursday, May 15, 2008

SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA WILL NEVER BE THE SAME!!





These are the times when you know they only came around once in awhile but you wish they will last forever.

.
A group of my girl friends and I decided we would gather up and take a trip to Disneyland. Our good friend Chris (aka "I do") is moving to Seattle and also turning 40! We decided we would sent her off in style so that she will never forget us down here in Utah. She is the most responsible one of the group. O wait, I mean the most prepared. One of us would ask, "Does anyone have a...?" And she would respond, "I do." She was said to be the "support bra" of the group. She supports us all in all the things we do. A few ladies commented on how incredible of a mother she was and that it is okay to "Embrace your inner dork"! Another lady said that when she is dissatisfied with something she does what is necessary to fix it. We went on this trip for her and when we got there she pulls out these fun little packs that have the "Necessities of Disneyland in them" The string that holds your pack on your neck. The pins that go on the string and other things like sunscreen. Fruit bars and lip balms. We are going to miss ya girl!!


Leslie, (aka "4thelove")drove us. We think she volunteered so she could be in control. Which it did work. Good thinking, 4thelove. JK she was great and we really appreciated her driving all of us around. I am really glad that she is not my personal trainer. I might be thin. Oh wait maybe I do need you as my personal trainer. Okay here is the play, Disneyland two days a week for the next year and I might be thin. Especially is I have to walk to dinner after. We all agreed that 4thelove was the lady that could take as much as she dished out. She is honest in all of her thoughts and has an easy going personality that does not stress when things get stressful. She is looked up for for not having a heavy guilty conscience. Thanks,
4thelove!



We certainly have to thank Stef (aka zippylimbo) for putting the trip together for us. We unanimously decided she is the fly paper. She draws you in and then you are stuck. The paper that holds us all together! That she does so much for others before she thinks of herself. She lifts everyone up and makes everyone feel welcome. She helps others realize their blessings and knows when to say something and when to keep her mouth shut. Thanks, We love ya a lot Zippy (Why is that your Nickname?)


We are so thankful that Janet (aka Big Momma) was able to come. She is the best. Not quite crazy as some of us but crazy enough to hang with us. It was also her birthday while we were at Disneyland. She got to wear around a big button that said "Happy Birthday Big Momma" No one is ever alone if Janet is around. She has time for everyone and says the right thing at the right time. And the she is AWESOME with money. Very good at budgeting and coupon clipping. We love ya, Big Mamma



Then there was Lynn (aka The Diva) It was a miracle that she could come. When I say a miracle I mean a miracle. I only caught her working a couple of times. We were sorry that we could not afford to fly down with her first class but she did get to ride dead center in the middle of the car so that she would always have attention around her. JK this is so not like her. She is so wonderful. We all look to her for her strengh and her wisdom. She is someone that is ALWAYS going above what she is asked and many times capable of doing what she can't do. She has a grip on reality and can tell you what it is without it being a downer. She also shares a birthday with Kermit and she has a good head on her shoulder. She is strong and giving. Able to be a friend even when she has nothing left to give. SHE IS AWESOME!! We love ya, Diva



Marilee (aka Kermit)was my buddy. She stuck by me even when I could not longer walk, even when my snoring woke her up through her ear plugs, and other things that will forever be in the mind vault of the group! (With a little chuckle here and there) Kermit is a free spirit who makes the best of everything. She always has a good attitude and never says anything bad about anyone. We never have to worry about what Kermit thinks because it is always positive. One lady said that she was excited to be going with you on this trip. She said that it was special and that it meant a lot that you asked her how she was doing and that you felt comfortable in doing so. Another lady said you are fun to be with, non judgmental and make all around a better person. We love ya Kermit!


Then there was me (aka Blista) I was just happy to be going. I have some good friends. I am thankful for all the laughs and all the fun. I am thankful that I can be me around all of them and not worry about what they are thinking. I could write whatever I want her as to what everybody said of me but that would be dishonest so I will shorten it a bit. JK You say I am a good listener. Good call more I would love to listen more. All I can say is one lady said I bring the silver beaver into the silver lining. (Go figure) That I remember quotes and am insightful, fun and always there. I am also the group therapist. (No wonder we are all this way) That I can make a joke of myself.
(Appartenly if you saw that pictures I have of me.)

1 comment:

Nat Nat said...

WOW looks like so much fun! Can't belive you left me out... Looks like your group has a new hole that needs to be filled. hint hint. ;) We haven't been on a girl trip for ever!

Stopped buy to tell you 2 good newses I got my shifts moved at work so I will have more open nights and we need to scrap or hang out. And Heidi is comming down this thursday for a late night scrap and I wanted to see if you can come too? Give me a call and let me know. miss hanging.