Monday, September 22, 2008

Having fun with friends

This weekend we went to the cabin with Todd, Stefany and their kids. We had so much fun. I tell ya, that Stefany is FUNNY!!!
Caden had a football game on Saturday morning and then Garry had to help Todd finish some things that he was doing at a house he is remodeling. So in other words we got a late start. We waited for Stef at the Kmart parking lot. When she drove up the first thing she said is, "Was I worth the wait?" Stef, you are ALWAYS worth the wait!!

By the time we got there it was late, but with us that is always when the most fun starts. Games, finding Todd, EXCELLENT ghost stories, food, and of course laughing rounded out the evening. By the way, I was told that I am fun to camp with because I know how to bring FOOD.
The next morning Garry made us his famous kitchen sink omelets. They have everything except for the kitchen sink. They are really good!
We went to the local branch for Church. With the 12 of us there were less the 50 people there. The speakers did an excellent job.
After church it was more food, fun, naps, and games!!
Here is a small list of parts of our conversation:

"Take a breast" See if you can figure that one out!
"Are you making a power move"
"Trumpet, bench vibrating"
"Todd is so good looking"-this one by STEF
"Check Fraud"


Here are a few of the good pics:

Stef trying to threaten me with a rubber band. Believe you me, I was scared!!

Garry trying really hard to win at Rummikub. I don't ever know if there was a winner because Stef played all our hands.

We had to include this rare sight. The boys doing dishes.


Todd and Stef, don't they make such a cute couple!

Where the life of the party was!!

Kindred Spirits

Garry and Marlie playing tic-tac-tree

On the way home we saw an enormous elk. He ran and was hiding in these trees. We could here him calling. I love to be in nature and just feel what is around me. Aren't these trees beautiful?

What a good weekend! I need to catch up on my sleep now. I am thankful for a great family and great friends!!!

3 comments:

The Crook Book said...

Marla,
Thanks for the fun times. I haven't laughed that hard since the last time we were together. I am a lot more fun with WEEZA. You are the greatest "HIGH MAINTENANCE" friend ever! You're tennis skills are to die for!

Love ya, Stef

Marilee said...

I missed you at lunch today...and the movie last week. Guess we need to chat on the phone sometime.

J A BUTLER FAMILY said...

IT LOOK LIKE YOU GUYS HAD A GREAT TIME.XOXO!!