Friday, September 26, 2008

POLICE-AMBULANCE-MONEY-TEMPLE RECCOMED--SKIRTLESS

Oh my what do these have in common? LAST NIGHT!

We just spent $800.00 to have Garry's car fixed. After sinking in the $800.00 the repair guy told us that it did not fix the problem and that the original problem would actually coast $1000.00 more to fix. He said the car is not worth it. He told us to drive it until it died.

So yesterday Garry decided to go behind Utah lake to come home because the car was acting funny. I get a call about 5:45 from a number I truly did not recognize. After letting the call go to voice mail I retrieved the message only to know that it was Garry and that he card had broken down in the middle of NOWHERE!! As I started the LONG drive behind Utah lake I wondered how far out he would be. Oh let's just say he was in the middle of nowhere. He coasted to a house that is about 5 miles or more from any other neighbors where he used their phone to call me. I picked him up about 7:00. We were supposed to meet with the stake president for our recommend by 7:30. When we meet with our bishopric they reminded us to make sure we wore "proper" attire. No Levis was particularly mentioned. We made it to the stake center at 7:30 in Levis and all. I had Garry drop me off while he went home to change and grab a skirt that I could slip on. Just as soon as he left our bishop walked through the doors. I was just embarrassed. After explaining the situation he just laughed. They still let me in and as I came out there sat Garry in his tie and all with my skirt on his lap!

About 9:00 the phone rings. When I answered it the voice on the other end said this,
"This is going to be a weird question."
"Okay"
"Did your husband brake down in Alberta?"
"Yes"
"Where is he?"
"Right here."
"Oh okay I just wanted to make sure he was okay. There are a bunch of police, ambulance, and fire trucks out here looking for him."
Apparently someone has driven by and thought he looked in distress. So they called 911. So 911 came in full force. The lady said they had a helicopter with a spot light on it looking to. I kinda of think that is a little overkill, but then again I knew he was safe at home.
So you might ask what the morale of the story is? Listen to the spirit. When I left the house that morning I had a feeling to take my skirt with me. I dismissed the thought as crazy. That skirt, it I would have had it on I would have not been embarrassed. Of course I still would be out $800.00 dollars and a car that won't run. But I would have had the comfort knowing that I recognized the spirit prompting me.

8 comments:

Marilee said...

Holy Moley! What an evening! I'm glad you made it through with flying colors. I would, however, try to get some of your mechanics money back--that's cheap! Did you go to St. George?

Thomas Rust said...

Marla, one of my favorite things about you is that you ALWAYS have a story that makes me laugh! (although it probably wasn't funny to you at the time!) You have the best stories in the world!!!!

Tim and Vicky Porter said...

Wow! That is a good story. I read it to Tim and he said I know right where he left his car...I saw it on the way to work. :)

The Crook Book said...

Well, what a crazy day! It was probably good that you weren't here with us in St. George. Although, if you were here everyone would tease you and not ME!

Jackson 8 said...

Hey, we sure did miss you in ST. George.Glad all is well with Garry. Good luck with car problem.

Bright Eyes (Shelley) said...

Glad he was safe at home! Glad your Bishop laughed and let you in. ;) I too wish you were in St. George. I haven't seen you in so long!

fivelive said...

I just wanted to say I love your blog. I love the quotes they always make me think.

Jessica said...

The Bishop would totally laugh at that, I can picture it! I can't believe what a night you had. I am glad you are all okay (except the $800 :( ). So how did you call off the police effort that was looking for him?