Today as I was elbow deep in dinner, homework, lauundry, bills, and life I had to laugh at myself. I remember those first few months of marriage when I was working full time and going to school full time and the dishes never seemed to be done and the laundry never seemed to be finished. I thought that when I was done with school and didn't work those little things would get done. Well, along came that cute little baby and the dishes never got done and laundry never seemed to be finished. I remember thinking that life would get easier when he grew up and was not in diapers and ect. Well 10 years later, my dishes are never done and my laundry is NEVER caught up I no long have any kids in diapers and I actually have helpers. So the point of my story is; "Time will not take care of things you don't like to do. It will just continue to remind you you need to deal with those things in life you don't like to deal with." KWIM?
Monday, September 8, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




8 comments:
So true!!! I have always thought that if I didn't work fulltime my house would be perfect, but lets face it that WILL never happen. Good Times.... Enjoy them as long as you can. E-mail me.
My home is far from perfect, but I am learning that is more important that we work toward perfecting ourselves, which I am far from, than whether or not the dishes and laundry were finished. I hope I don't look back and say i wish I had spent less time on the house and trivial things and more time with my family, just playing and enjoying them.
YOU ARE NOT A KIDDING! Sometimes life needs to be lived and enjoyed and not stressed over!
I was just thinking the other day how much more organized my life was with little ones rather than growing ones. I guess I figured life would get easier with older kids--not so! I feel so frazzly lately. I guess I just need to get a grip....or turn into Samantha Stevens (Bewitched).
Hey Marla,
I love the way you write and your thoughts. You are always good for a smile. I need to be more like that. Love you!
So true@
The other day I had a moment of what I call personal revelation/reflection. We've been stressing over bills, and things that need to be fixed ets . . . when I had a thought come to my mind that if I could prove I could better take care of what I had, the Lord would bless us with what we needed.
I took that to mean the dang dishes, the laundry, the car, and most importantly, my family.
I've been trying really extra hard lately, and I have been so amazed at my ability to do it, and at the blessings we've received lately.
Not that I'm snubbing anyone, I'm usually a SLOB, but I'm giving it a good try lately!
sorry for going on, and on, and on . . . .
I just need to call you, and we can talk. This blog thing doesn't give me the same satisfaction! (although I love it!)
Love it! YOu are absolutely right! Love ya! I'll keep wading through those things I keep hoping will go away lol!!! Love ya!
Post a Comment