Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Ten on Tuesday Oct. 7th - 14th

Ten memories from this past week.

1. Caden had his year end party for football. He got an award for being a great safety. The coach said he liked playing corner back better but was "lethal" as safety. He was said to see the season come to an end. I on the other hand am ready for a little less busyness.

2. We went to church back in our old ward. My friend Corrie blessed her cute little baby. It was a beautiful blessing. It was really fun to see my friends. I felt like I sill fit right in.

3. I laughed my butt off with Corrie's family. They were great. At dinner Corrie's brother made a comment about not shopping for a girl while being a missionary. To which I replied, "I meet Garry on his mission." He turned red and I laughed so hard. Stuff like this happens to me all the time. I am usually the one on the other end of the conversation.

4. Marlie made a couple of cute comments that I wanted to remember. At church she leaned over during sacrament and asked me, "Why do they not put butter on the bread?" I thought she understood the purpose of the sacrament since we have pictures and books of Jesus but I guess the connection did not stick. Then again she is only 4. After church she said, "Momma, the wibbon is dwiving me cwazy!" Not there is not spelling errors that is how she said it. CUTE GIRL!

5. On Saturday we had our Super Saturday. Of course I signed up for too much stuff. I had a really great time laughing with the ladies in my ward. I am grateful to be a part of this ward with such awesome ladies.

6. I have really been working hard on getting up earlier and doing my prayers and scriptures. It is going really well. The peace that I have found is worth every minute of less sleep. I am thankful for a patient Heavenly Father that has not given up on me.

7. Garry and I went to the temple with Todd, Stef, Brian and Marilee. It was really nice. After the temple we went to dinner at the Olive Garden. It was a nice evening. I am thankful that we have temples and good friends.

8. I witnessed the crash between the cop and another few cars. WOW.

9. I ran into my old bishop at parent teaching conference. He was there answering question about the new high school. He is the principle for it. I have so much respect for him. He is an amazing man that I look up too and am thankful for all he did for me.

10. Kale got in a fight at school. The little stinker. Things are better but man that kid. He is so intense about everything he does. He told me that he apologized to his friend. I really hope he did and that he learned something. Like, You don't have to hit to work out a problem. That lesson would benefit me here at home!!!

3 comments:

Marilee said...

Thanks for fabulous, fun time!!!

J A BUTLER FAMILY said...

THANKS FOR COMING AND SEEING ME I LOVE YOU TO LOL!
XOXO

Wendy Evans said...

Sounds like you had a very fun and intersting week with the accident. Olive Garden...yum!