Wednesday, October 22, 2008

A Week To Remember! Oct. 14- Oct. 21

I have been doing 10 on Tuesday as a way to remember what I have done the past week. Well I always end up doing it on Wednesday, so I decided to change the title to be less specific. So from now on it will be "A week to remember"

This has been a fun week. I have been able to spend time doing what I love the most. Spending time with family and friends!!

1. Nicole and I started a tradition several years ago in which we go to Red Lobster while Kyle is deer hunting with the his boys. It was one of those things that just happened at first but has since became an advent that we all look forward too.
It has grown now to all my sisters coming if they can. There have been some years where all of us have been there and some when just four of us have been there. My mom hurt her back really bad so she is unable to sit or stand for a very long time. She rode all the way out just to be with us for a few hours. Amber was sweet enough to drive the 6 hours round trip to be with us too. Thank you Amber and Mom for doing that to be with us! We really appreciate it!!

I feel so lucky to be blessed with so many wonderful sisters. Thank you!! BTW Thanks Nicole for treating us!!!!

2. After dinner we went to a park to let the kids play while we visited. We only had the girls with us and what do you know. They play football. It was really funny to listen mom as she tried to translate what we were saying. She kept hearing things completly different then what we said. It was funny!! LOVE YA MOM!!


3. The day before Nicole treated all the girls to glitter toes!! It was soooooo much fun! These girls are so special and fun!!
This glitter stays on for six weeks!

Marlie said, "I am gonna show daddy by petty toes.

4. Five words my kids have never heard before!

Pick any toy you want

After glitter toes, we went to Costco and Nicole uttered those words. My kids eyes were as big as quarters. This was really nice. They were so fun to watch. My nephew Luke ran strait for a dozer. He just kept saying "A chine, A chine." It was really fun to see them run around the toys with excitment pumping through their veins. AGAIN! Thank you Nicole and Kyle. This was a VERY nice of you to do.

5. I taught relief society on Sunday. The lesson was entitled, Beyond the veil. What I really tried to emplement in my life is having a valiant testimony of Jesus. I have a testimony of Jesus but realized I don't have a VALIANT testimony of Jesus. It has been a really comforting experience learning to have a valinat testimony of Jesus.

6. Sunday night Garry's cousin family came over for dinner. Jutin, Michelle, Tegan, and Ryker. It has been a couple of years since we have seen them. Their boys and mine picked right up. Michelle you look GREAT! I am so proud of you because I know how hard it is. It was a really nice evening. Thanks for coming guys.

7. My kids had school off on Monday. So after work we took the kids to dinner and swimming. They LOVE swimming.



Caden, Hailee, and Kale ALWAYS play takcle football in water. Yea it is a little crazy.
This is one of Garry's favorite things to do while we are swimming. Marlie, not so much! But of course Kale and Caden love it. They are just a little harder to chuck up in the air.


Marlie loves this little slide! After this little slide she braved the big one. Of course daddy's lap was the only place she felt safe but she loved it. She kept saying let's go again daddy. She is a sweetie.
I really hate this picture of me but we were having so much fun. I hate water in my eyes so I am squinting. These are my cute little girls. I love them so much. They are truly part of me.


8. I started a job! I am working for a company called Propay. I am in their customer service department. I am really excited. I have been in training the last few days and it has been GREAT!! I will be taking the cutomer calls from home. Propay is a great company who really stresses treating people right. It fits me to a T. I have really enjoyed myself.

12 comments:

fivelive said...

Amanday oooed and awed over Marlys gliter toes they are so cute.

The Crook Book said...

Marla-It sounds like you had a great week. I am excited about your job. I hope everything goes well. I love ya, Stef

Hey-by the way you need to call me when your phone doesn't die and finish your call. I need some ideas!

Wendy Evans said...

What a fun week. Play, play, play... That is my kind of week. Good luck on your new job. It sounds perfect. Do you get to work at anytime during the day? I loved your lesson on Sunday. You were awesome and I felt the spirit so strongly, Thank you.

Christie Gardiner said...

What a fun week!

Christie Gardiner said...

What a fun week!

Jessica said...

What a fun week. My was very boring in comparison! I am glad you get to work from home. I work for Dave, but get to do it from home and I am so grateful that I can be here with my kids while I accomplish the things that need to be done for the office.

Jenkins Family said...

Glad you new job is going well. We really need to get together more often. Tegan and Ryker were already planning the next time on the way home.

Marilee said...

Yeah, fun week!!! I'm glad your new job is enjoyable and that it works with home, kids and everything else. Yee Hah!!

Patti Smith said...

It sounds like you keep your family busy! Swimming is one of my families favorite activities too, especially Clara! Your job sounds perfect. It is nice to be able to stay at home and still be working.

J A BUTLER FAMILY said...

I LOVE YOUR NEW BLOG LOOK SO CUTE.

Anonymous said...

i love being your sister

Brandon and Angela Hoopes said...

Sounds like way too much fun! I wish I had sisters to do that kind of stuff with! You're lucky!