Thursday, October 9, 2008

What a day!

Today I was on my way home from Brigham City and North Ogden when I meet up with Autumn to pick up Colby. After I picked him up I stopped at a gas station really quick and was on my way home. I had 3 parents teacher conferences I needed to get to. I had to make a left hand turn on a very busy street. As I waited for the light to turn green I noticed that a cop was approaching the same intersection coming the opposite way. He slowed since the other direction had the green light. He turned his lights and siren on as he proceeded through the intersection. All of a sudden a car slammed right into him about two feet in front of my bumper. The cop car bounced and then went slamming into a car that was turning right. Colby said, "WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW." Marlie said, "What happened?" At first I didn't know what to do. I could see that the air bags on the cops car had deployed so I got out and asked the driver in the other car if he was okay. He said he was and then I ran to the cop car as he was climbing out and I asked him if he was okay. He said he was fine. I really had no need to call 911 since, well you know. I really have no idea how I did not get hit. One of the cops told me I must be living right. Probably more like I have a lot left to learn! Anyways, I missed the parent teacher thing but Garry went for me. AND we are all safe! Moral of the story, pray this does not happen to you. The guy that hit the cop was at fault but he really could not see him. His light was green and the other cars were blocking the view of the cop. He literally had no time to break! (Loren let me know how this would play out in the courts?)

8 comments:

Jackson 8 said...

Glad you were safe. Hope you have a better day tomorrow.

The Crook Book said...

WOW! Sounds exciting! I am glad my life is a little less interesting! Just kidding! I hope all is well. Maybe we can get together somehow tomorrow since our husbands will be together?

Wendy Evans said...

Holy .... Thank goodness you were not involved. You have had enough car trouble maybe Heavenly Father thought you have had enough and kept you and your kids safe. Scary...

P.S. I heard about the knock down, drag out fight with Kale and Jackson. Aparently my Carson is in their class. Miss Healey.

Marilee said...

Holy Toledo--what a scene! I'm so glad that you and the kids weren't hurt.

Loren and Tama said...

Glad you were okay! Yeah, I wouldn't want to be in that guy's situation. I'll have to ask Loren about that. Where was the cop headed, anyway? I hope some creep didn't get away just because of the accident!

Stacey said...

Girlfriend I am so glad you were okay!!! You must have a charmed life.

I could die happy in Forks... said...

Marla! That must've been so scary! I am so thankful you are all safe! Take care! What a testament that prayer does work!
Love Ya!

Jessica said...

I am glad you are okay. You have had some pretty crazy stuff happen lately. I am glad you are all safe.