We just got back from a camping trip in Wallsburg. It was our annual ward camp out. Since we were too busy to go last year, this was our first year with our new ward. We had so much fun. I feel totally blessed to be a part of this ward. We got there around 6:00 pm and set up camp. We were responsible for our own dinner so I started to cook. I decided to make dutch oven potatoes and chicken, but since I only have one dutch oven I combined the two dishes into one. It actually turned out pretty good. While we were eating Caden dropped a piece of barbecue chicken on his new white tee shirt. He looked down at it and then looked up and said, "I got a barbecue stain on my white tee shirt." To which Garry immediately replied, "I hope your not killing me with your mini skirt." Oh my gosh, I laughed for a long time. I think it was just the look in Caden's eyes as it change from, oh no what do I do? Too, I am going to be really cleaver about this.
Later on as we were going to bed the kids wanted me to tell them stories of when I was little. (I guess that has become one of those family traditions that you don't plan, they just happen.) Kale said, "Tell me the one where the horse bit Amber's BOOOTIE." Oh my gosh, how funny is he? I thought where did you get the "BOOTIE" part from. The stories I told them about last night were: The one when I snuck home from my aunt's house because I was alone on the couch. (I was about 5. I remeber thinking I was pretty smart to go home and not let her know where I was) The time when Amber throw a cup at me and I ducked and it went through the grandfather clock glass. Garry told them about all the times they would play baseball in the back yard and how many times the window was broken. He said that grandpa would always get mad.(I don't blame him)
This morning we had breakfast and then started a game of baseball. We had about 6 people on each team and about four mitts total. The play of the game is when bishop caught a fly ball with a tee-ball mitt that fit the wrong hand.(He is left handed) I was proud of him.
This was one of those times that didn't take a lot of time to prepare to go. But the memories that we made and the time that we spent building our relationship as a family and ward family are not measurable.
Saturday, June 14, 2008
Camping and a few funny comments!
Labels:
Family,
memories,
storeis of youth
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




4 comments:
Look at you on top of your blog. It really was a fun camping trip! As soon as I find my camera, I'll get mine up. It really was good to get to know people a little better up there.
I'm sure if we were going camping we would still be packing. It sounded like you had a lot of fun! Love ya, Stef
We loved it too!
Our ward isn't doing a campout this year...bumber. Oh, the good times...
Post a Comment