Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Just counting my rocks!

I am having one of those days when I feel down. I have decide that I will "Count my rocks."
1. Garry- The hard work he puts in for our family. The way he treats me. The kind of father he is. The way he honors his priesthood. The way he puts me first. The gentle touch he has with the kids and I. The way he allows me to learn and grow through my mistakes.
2. Caden- The example he is to my other kids. His love of the gospel. His ability to understand others and their needs. His desire to do what is right. The help he gives me. His sweet obedient spirit.
3. Hailee- Her ability to recognize right from wrong. Her ability to clean and organize. Her desire to do what is right. Her sense of creativity. Her quite way of life. Her love of Christ. Her understanding of the power of prayer.
4. Kale- His sense of humor. His fierce determination. His ability to not quite until he accomplishes what he desires. His love of people. His innocent face. His knowledge of right and wrong.
5. Marlie- Her sweet spirit. Her love of all people. Her cute little innocent face. Her way of making all of us laugh. Her sweet little laugh. Her soft spirit.
6. My family- All the support we get from them. The way I feel like I belong, when I am around them. The patience they give to me. The support of life.
7. The Gospel- The hope it gives me. The peaceful feeling I get. The opportunity to grow and progress. The blessing of forgiveness. The blessing of learning from my mistakes. The patience the Lord grants me each and every day. My brother Jesus Christ.
8. My earthly possessions- My house, the food I have to eat, the clothes I have to wear, The warmth that my house has, the cool that my house can be.
9. My friends- the ones that I can call when I need someone to talk to, then ones that smile and say hi, the ones that have been through a lot with me, the ones that have done so much for me.
10. The conveniences of modern day- Modern medicine, washing machines, cars, computers, phones, fridges.

I have a lot. I need to think of all I have and not concentrate on all I don't have.

2 comments:

Patti Smith said...

Thank You for sharing your list. Sometimes we just need to stop and see all we have instead of wonder why life is so hard on us. We truly are blessed!

Thomas Rust said...

I've tagged you!! go to my blog and it will explain what to do next!