Monday, June 2, 2008

Fun with the family

The rest of Saturday was great......

Bradly and Jackson brought their motorbikes and mom and dad Anderson brought their four wheeler to our house. (Kevin, Ashley, and Brinley joined us) After a quick bite of lunch we took full advantage of having the toys here.

Brad and Jack were so awesome to all of us. They shared their bikes with everyone. At first Jackson would run along the side of Hailee to "protect" her. (Or his bike, either one is okay) After a couple of times around the little trail he let her go it alone. She did awesome riding it. I was a nervous nellie hoping and praying that I was not about to purchase a crashed motorcycle.



Here is a picture of Jackson taking Kale on a ride. After this Jackson got a little braver and so did Garry and I and we allowed Kale to drive it himself. This is what we got.............



Kale living his dream! Driving a motorcycle all by himslef. He has always loved them. Anytime he sees them he is in ah. He once asked a guy in Wal-mart parking lot if he could have his Harley for Christmas. They guy told him no and he said that Santa could bring it to him it he would let him. Anyways, as he was riding around he decided that he would go for a little drive. He went out on the street and drove around. Garry had to go get him. How crazy is it that a 6 year old can drive a motorbike and not crash. He is amazing. (A BIG thanks to Jack for letting him drive it. You made his day)

Hailee did great as well. She is such a tom boy. She told me that she really liked being able to drive it herself.


Bradly shared his bike with Caden. Caden drove the four wheeler up the moutain with Garry on the backand said that they came to a hill that was pretty steep and scared him. He wanted to walk down it but Garry encouraged him to drive down slow and steadty. Garry told Caden that he thought they would be safe. After getting down the hill caden was proud of himself for doing something that was hard for him to do. He faced a fear and won!!



Brad is really good. He wanted to know if I had jumps in my yard. I told him a had a few. He wanted his mother and I to get pictures of him "getting air". I tried to get a few but this was the best one. Brad buddy, I think you did great. Look at that air!!


Marlie LOVED to ride. Garry took her on a ride at first. They went around the track. When I took her on a ride she told me that she wanted to go in the mountains. I have to admit that I am a little afraid of four wheelers so I was a little reluctant. After getting a little more comfortable with the machine we went up the mountain. As we were driving Marlie said, "We need to tell daddy to buy one of these for us." I laughed and thought, that is what he tells me once a week or so. (Someday honey I really do want to get one)

Brin liked to ride too. At first she gripped the football as something to hold onto. Then Jody convinced her to give it to her and she gave it up. She is the cutest little stink ever.




Other fun pics:


I am so thankful for these fun days. They build stronger family unity and provide that comfort feeling of being around people that love you and you love. Thanks mom and dad for all you do for us. I enjoyed watching you being so happy for everyone around. Thank you Brad, Jack, and Jod for sharing with us. It was such a great day. We all had so much fun. Thank you so much. We love you all!!

4 comments:

Nat Nat said...

What a great day. We had my brother mini bikes out here for a few months and my kids rode them every day. Lots of fun. So glad the kids can spend time with family. That has to be the best benefit for not moving out of state after all. (wink) Things just totally work out don't they?

Marilee said...

What a blast!! I'm glad the family time was beneficial!

Jenkins Family said...

Family time is the best time. It looks like you had a blast. My kids would love to ride those mini-bikes but they scare me to death. I will just stick to 4-wheeling anyday. Good Times!!!!

Thomas Rust said...

Benjamin was sitting behind me when I read this post, and he was practically drooling all over the computer!! What a blast!