Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Thankful Thuesday

Today as I am getting ready to go to girls camp I am counting my calling as a blessing. I am the beehive advisor. We currently have 16 girls in our class. I am thankful for this calling because of the girls in my class, the women that I work with, and the oppurtunity to continue to learn.

We have an exceptional class. Very different personalities but they all get along. They ALL are so special. You can feel the greatness in their spirits. They are strong women that have a desire to choose the right. They have different family situations but understand the power of free agency. They are a great bunch of girls. I can truly say that I love them.

The ladies that I work with are incrediable. We all have different strenghts and talents. When we come together we draw on the different strenghts. Our common goal throughout our presidency is to teach the girls about Christ. We have a desire to teach them with the spirit of the Lord. I look up to these women a lot. I am so thankful that I have the oppurtunity to work with them.

The things that I learn are priceless. I learn so much as I talk with the girls, as I prepare and teach my lessons, as I listen to the spirit. I am thnkful for every little activity. I always leave a little bit better than when I came.

8 comments:

J A BUTLER FAMILY said...

IT JUL 17, AT 6:30PM IT IS A THURSDAY YOU NEED TO COME IT GOING TO BE FUN

{Mo} said...

Those girls are lucky to have you! YW is one of those callings that just trully terrifies me!

Megan Slider said...

Hey Marla, Its Megan. I'm glad you found my blog. It's fun to see what everyone is up to. Your kids are growing up so fast and are so cute. Your home is beautiful too. Talk to you later.

{Mo} said...

I forgot to tell you, The Santaquin girls get together looked so fun! I miss those....what a fun/funny group of girls!

Jackson 8 said...

Marla, I do have to say young womens is the best calling in the ward. I love to watch these girls grow. The beehives you had in Santaquin are know laurals. We sure miss seeing you on Sundays.

Marilee said...

How was camp?

Christie Gardiner said...

Sweet thoughts Marla!

Nat Nat said...

Great attitude. As always! My primary class are the girls that are 11 and 12. I love that age. My girls are so great. They are just starting to really build a testimony of thier own and to find thier personalities so to speak. That didn't make sense did it?