Well the Silver Beavers had a reunion. All my California buddies came up to my house to have the first official "Silver Beaver" reunion. I was so excited to have them come up and see my new place and share a piece of my "new" place with them. We had some really yummy food and then watch a video I made of the trip. I have to say that it was not professional but for my first not to bad. It only took me like 100 hours to do. When we were talking we started talking about the top 10 list that Chris made. So I wanted to post it. It is so true.
Top 10 reasons to leave 7 husbands and 47 children behind and go to Disneyland with your girlfriends
10. Someone is moving and you want to spend a little time with her, sleeping in the same room and spending 18 hours in the same car, before she leaves
9. You can have a bonding, spiritual moment without 7 husbands and 27 children, and surf the "wave of emotion"
8. You can wear an "I'm with Goofy" T-shirt or orange shorts and not get strange looks
7. "Chip and Dale" dancers, plate hair lady, silver beaver backpacks, pin trading, hot cigar store indians
6. You can pay top dollar for large portions of food (turkey, soup, pickles, corn dogs, pretzels, and chocolate cake)
5. You can throw up in the bushes and all they say is "that happens sometimes"
4. You can boost up your score on Buzz Lightyear without having to pass the gun and ride roller coasters as many times in a row as you want (even get a little work done while you're standing in line)
3. You can embrace your inner dork, or princess, or pirate (AAR, matey)
2. You just know someone will do something stupid and it's fun to predict who that will be (Zippy Limbo)
1. You can pee your pants laughing and everyone will just think you've been on Splash Mountain After the reunion.
I was talking to Stef and telling her it made me want to move back because of all the great friends I have. She said, "Marla, this is beyond a ward friendship. Most of these ladies don't live here anymore." She was right.
The next day after the reunion, I went to Santaquin to help my little sister paint her bedroom in preparation for her new baby. While I was there I was able to visit a couple of friends. I thought about my friends and what they mean to me! I am so thankful for ALL of my friends. A BIG THANK YOU to you all. Friends are an important part of my life. I was thinking about how blessed I am to have such good, honest,true friends. I know that I am able to be me and that is what they like about me. Thank you all so much. You all have done so much for me that I know if I spent the rest of my life trying to repay, It would be insufficient. Thank you.
Friday, June 13, 2008
That's what friends are for!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




1 comment:
I HOPE YOU GUYS HAVE FUN CAMPING. I HOPE SEE YOU SOON
LOVE THE BUTLERS
Post a Comment