Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Caden and Football

CADEN is number 64!


Caden is playing tackle football for the first time this year. Football is his favorite sport. He is really good at it. He plays the offensive and defensive line. He is also one of the punters. His little team is doing great. The first game they lost by a long shot. His second game they actually got a few first downs. Last night they scrimmaged against an older team and beat them. They are working really hard. As a mother I am getting a glimpse into what life is going to be like as my kids grow into teenagers. Running them to all kinds of practices and still having the same amount of work to do at home. I am proud of Caden. He has learned to work his hardest and give it all he has. The lessons that his is learning are meant to teach football skills but actually teach him life skills which in turn teaches him about gospel principles. Skills like working hard even when it seems not necessary, learning that if you have done your best you are a winner, and when it gets hard not to give up because the best part is just around the corner.


9 comments:

Nat Nat said...

You have been tagged: List 3 joys, 3 fears, 3 obsessions/collections, 3 surprising facts and then tag five other people. Leave a comment for the people you tag so they know they have been tagged.

Jackson 8 said...

i will give you a glimpse what it will be like when your kids get older. I ran to Payson at 4:00 Taylor had a Sunday School BBQ had to take drinks and I forgot. I took garrett to tackle football in Payson at 5:30. At 6:30 I had to go pick Scott up from football he plays on the JV and Varsity team. Then I had to go get Garrett at 7:30. I miss the little league that all took place in Santaquin. Enjoy your kids while they are young. I can't believe how fast they grow.

Thomas Rust said...

HOLY COW, our kids are getting so big! Look at him, so big and footbally! Go #64!

Marilee said...

GO CADEN!!!! That's awesome! I'm glad you're all having a great time watching and playing football. I have always loved football (not that I watch on TV or hold season tickets anywhere) and I have always told myself that there were a girls high school football team I would have been on it. Hee Hee!

Nat Nat said...

Love these pictures. Especially the last one. Holy cow Marla how did he get so grown up? I love how you find lessons in everyday life. You are awesome!

J A BUTLER FAMILY said...

IT LOOKS LIKE HE IS HAVING FUN.
XOXO!

JJJAM&S said...

I am not looking forward to any of kids wanting to play tackle football!!! You are brave!

p.s. i am glad that you found me...I did know about Kelby moving and am sad. I feel like I am losing her, but she promised to visit so I will just focus on that. Your kids are so cute...I like that you wrote a profile about them...it makes it easier to distinguish one from another.

you are great...please keep in touch.

Tiffany Fairbanks said...

I am so glad you commented and we can catch up! I am SWAMPED right now with birthdays and a million other things but i can't wait to come back and catch up on your sweet family! YAHOO!!

I could die happy in Forks... said...

Go CADEN!!! I cannot believe how old he is getting! He was always such a sincere boy any time I was around him! That is so fun to see him on a team! I bet you are proud! Love ya!