Saturday, June 14, 2008

HAPPY FATHER'S DAY!!!!


To ALL the men in my life,
HUSBAND, FATHER, GRANDPA OR SON
I wanted to tell you what a blessing you've been.

I thought about life
and what would be lost?
If I had paid such a high cost?

Mine looks for one,
Since they seem to be
not too far from the old tree.








The lessons in life
that my gramps' sat and taught,
hoping that one day they would be bought.











The love of Christ
that I hold dear
and hope my children are able to hear.









The fun of family
That runs so deep
I hope my kids will always keep.







The feeling of achievement
I have felt before
Knowing that later there will be more.







The blessing of belonging
can not be replaced,
knowing who you are can be retraced.





A family of mine own
is such a treasure
a blessing, a gift, to hard to measure.








A Man tall and dark with pretty black hair.
My kids always call him a great friend of theirs.














I am so excited to say happy Fathers day to all of you that have touched my life. I have been so blessed to have such admirable men in my life to call grandpa, dad, and husband.


A special thanks to Gar, for being so great! You truly help me see who the Lord sees that I can be. I appreciate the father you are to your children. They love you dearly and want to be like you. What a blessing that is to me. If they turn out like you I will consider our job done. Thank you for find joy in the Lord. I am grateful that we have the same goals and dreams. Thank you for supporting me in everything I do. Most of the time, I know, it is only because it is what I want to do. Thank you so much for your love. I hope that you will always remember how much we love you. Thank you for working so hard for our family. It astounds me what you do for us. THANK YOU. I love you, Marla


























Thanks dad for all of the help you have given to us. Thank you for ALL of your time on our house, the cruise, all the dinners, the list goes on... I love you! I am so thankful that you are Garry's dad. I am thankful for the example you set for him. He is wonderful. I love to hear my kids call you "Grandpa" because that is a special name. Thank you for letting Garry come home for lunch. I am grateful to have you in my life and consider you a great friend. Love you lots.














Thank you so much dad for all you have done for us. This song reminds me so much of you. It is so true I walk like you, I talk like you, and I can see my father in me. I hopw that I can live up to what makes you proud. I apprecipate all the "little" time we have to be together. I know that time right now is so scare,(I am willing to share because I believe in what you are doing) so I appreciate the phone calls even if you are headed up the canyon. Thank you for taking time out of your shedule to help us with out house. I know that that was the last thing that you had time for. Also, for letting mom come out and stay with us. We could have not done it without her. Thank you! I know that I can come to you and you will do what you can to help me. I really enjoy knowing that I am secretively your favorite daughter. Thanks for everything dad, I really do love you and am grateful to call you DAD.

3 comments:

Christie Gardiner said...

So, it still is a fabulous blog- even on week later! You are so lucky to have a great dad who loves you!

C

J A BUTLER FAMILY said...

IT LOOK LIKE YOU GUYS HAD A LOTS OF FUN CAMPING AND HAD A GOOD FATHER'S DAY. SO ARE YOU GOING ON TUESDAY TO DINNER? LOVE.
AMY

{Mo} said...

Marla, I was thinking today about you doing the last morning devotional, and thought I'd share one more thing from our camp. Our Stake leader talked about the top of the mountain as being back with Heavenly Father and how some of us have great parents that placed us half way up the mountain with their teaching and support and how others of us are doing it on our own and are making it slowly and have to start closer to the bottom. But, the Lord isn't neccisarily looking at our spot on the mountain or how high we've climbed, but at the progress we've made and as long as we keep trying and making progress, that is all that counts. The Lord dosn't compare us to each other, He can see how hard we are working and the effort that we put in and that is what really matters to Him. Anyway, just something that stuck with me and made sense~ Monica