Monday, June 30, 2008

Memory Monday

A memory that I wanted to remember happened in church about six months ago. Kale was struggling going to his class so he was in Sunday school with Garry and I. They were talking about synonyms in the scriptures. What was symbolic to what. As time started to wind down they were rushing past the few last things. The teacher mentioned a devil. Kale in his all seriousness stood up with these great big eyes and pronounced, "I know what that is, that is my mom. Devils are mean and she is sometimes mean to me." (Oh my, I didn't know that he was even paying attention let alone understanding what was happening in the lesson.) I wanted to crawl under a chair. So now my new ward knows that my son thinks I am a devil. GREAT!! I have to laugh because there is probably more truth in that then I would want to admit. Oh well I guess now I know where I need to change.

6 comments:

The Crook Book said...

We all have places where we need to improve. That is why it is good to have friends. We need to help each other to be the best we can be. Sometimes, our family is too close to home. We love them the most, but we can be the hardest on them. Probably because we want them to be the best they can be. We expect more from them. I've been thinking about that a lot. I want my kids to love and appreciate the mom that I am, but I need to be someone they can and love and appreciate. I love ya, Marla. We just need to keep trying! Someday the success will come. Stef

Marilee said...

You little Devil! Just kidding!! Hee! Hee! Kids say the darndest things, don't they? Have you read MaryBeth's blog? She was tagged to ask her kids questions about her. Well, one of them went like this: "If your mom becomes famous what will it be for?" Hailey's answer: "being like Jesus". Doesn't that just give you the warm fuzzies? Yeah, I need to improve so my kids will say that about me. (sometimes the kids need to act better so the moms can act better too) Sure do love ya!!

The Crook Book said...

Marla,
I read my comment and it sounded like I was being preachy. I think you are great. Kale is so funny and we all have plenty of stories like that. Elli told me the other day that I was nice, sometimes. I apologize for sounding that way-this blogging can be therapeutic, FOR ME!!

J A BUTLER FAMILY said...

dont you just love what kids say will i think you are a great mom.
love ya

I could die happy in Forks... said...

kids say the darndest things! kanyon was eating salad the other day and said 'mom if you would eat more salad you wouldn't be fat'. Heeee heee what a sweetie! You are awesome!

Nat Nat said...

Kids! Hey if my kids said that it would be close to the truth in more ways than one. Not only am I mean but I also have to try not to be like satan in the whole force them to make good choices. Letting them live and learn is a hard thing for me. You are a great mom and we all get "mean" when we need to.